Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
This is the Health and Safety Policy Statement of:
We recognise and accept our responsibility to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all our workers, contractors, visitors and members of the public who may be affected by our work activities.
It is our aim to promote, set and maintain the highest standards for health, safety and welfare matters. This will be achieved by: –
- providing adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from work activities;
- consulting with staff on matters affecting health and safety;
- providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment;
- maintaining systems of work that are safe and without risk to health;
- ensuring safety during the handling, use and storage of articles and substances which are inherently or potentially dangerous;
- providing adequate information, instruction and supervision for staff;
- ensuring all staff are competent to do their work;
- preventing accidents and cases of work-related ill health as far as possible;
- maintaining safe and healthy working conditions; and
- reviewing and revising this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
We will try to eliminate or control any hazard which may result in personal injury, illness, fire, security losses, property damage or harm to the environment.
The allocation of safety duties and the arrangements to implement this Policy are set out in the full policy document. Successful implementation shall only be achieved by compliance with legal requirements, dedication and co-operation of staff at all levels and provision of adequate funding and resources by the business.
This Policy requires the co-operation of all members of staff and our visitors. The Policy applies to all staff and others under the control of Mr. Wayne Read, AKP Limited, including the self-employed, seasonal workers, visitors, and contractors.