Join Our Team
AKP is a friendly, family-owned precision engineering business.
We take customer service seriously and are always looking for engineers and machinists who understand what it takes to deliver gold standard precision engineering components, every time.
See below for our current list of vacancies with full job descriptions.
We’re an innovative and forward-thinking company. We’re constantly investing in our business, in our engineering capacity and in our staff, with opportunities for training, learning and development.
Due to continued growth and expansion plans we are seeking additional CNC millers and turners to join our team.
We have day shifts and late shifts available.
• Programming/setting/operating machines to produce components of an exceptional standard.
• Machine maintenance – topping up oil, coolants etc.
• Adhering to high standards of working at all times.
• Able to interpret technical drawings.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Methodical and organised.
• Team player
• Experience of CAM software beneficial.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Experience of CMM and measuring equipment beneficial.
• 23 days holiday + bank holidays
• Closed for Christmas week.
• Free onsite parking.
• Working with a friendly, forward thinking and inclusive team.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and shift worked.
Job Type: Permanent
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Late shift
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this role.
Why Work in Norfolk?
Did you know that the Norfolk coast runs for nearly 100 miles? Luckily AKP is based just a stone’s throw away in Great Yarmouth, featuring a long sandy beach and amusement park just down the road!
Norfolk has some of the most stunning natural landmarks in the UK as well as plenty to see and do, including the historic city of Norwich (which is great for a day out shopping). We are proud of our diverse, safe community here in Norfolk, so if you’re looking to relocate there is nowhere better to live and work.
Check out Visit Norfolk to learn more about our lovely corner of the country.